We recognize that going green at our conference is a detailed and challenging undertaking. Our goal for 2016 is learning how to prioritize and being realistic. Whether you are industry or media, we hope you will seriously consider implementing as many of these recommendations as you can. Together, we can reduce our carbon footprint for everyone.
TMAC has already implemented the following initiatives:
- No conference bags (please bring your own)
- No printed handbook (printed copies available on demand at a cost)
- Investment in Guidebook – a user-friendly, mobile event app that will work natively on iPhones, iPads, Androids, as well as a fully-functioning web-based version. All details re: the conference will be available on Guidebook.
- Vetting of transportation options (i.e., airlines)
- Investment in re-useable water bottles for all delegates
- Use and re-use of recyclable materials, wherever possible, (i.e., lanyards, name badge pouches, etc.)
- All PD session presentations and handouts will be made available on TMAC website.
Top Tips TMACers Can Do to Help Us Green our Conference
- Please participate in linen reuse programs and any other green initiatives displayed at our host hotels: Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Sydney – Waterfront; and Cambridge Suites Sydney
- Please shut off lights, televisions and air conditioners or heaters when you leave your room.
- Please return lanyards and name badge pouches at the end of the conference.
- Out of respect for those with allergies, we encourage delegates to be scent free.
- Please minimize printed handouts. Please ensure all printed material is available on your website to minimize or eliminate use of USBs.
- Please minimize swag. If you do wish to bring swag, allow media to say “NO” and ensure that whatever swag is not distributed can be donated locally (vs. thrown out). TMAC will make available a collection bin for leftover swag which you prefer not to take home with you.
- Please help educate your clients re: TMAC’s Go Green policy to help minimize handouts and swag.
Prizes will be awarded to both TMAC Industry and Media members who demonstrate the Go Green initiative.
For questions, more information and to share a great green idea, please contact TMAC’s Green Team directly.
Melody Wren email@example.com
Minto Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s reduce what we leave behind leaving only our footprints and perhaps our hearts!