Please read these Award Submission Guidelines carefully before submitting your entry(ies).
1. Entries must have been published between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
2. Entries must meet the same minimum criteria as content submissions for media membership qualification/re-qualification. See MINIMUM CRITERIA chart here.
3. An entry may only be submitted once, in one category (multiple entries of the same article/photo will be disqualified), however you are eligible to submit one additional entry per category. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed online TMAC 2020 Awards Entry Form.
4. Only the creator of the entry may submit it, and only work done exclusively by TMAC members is eligible for the TMAC Awards. An article or photo must have appeared in a publication or post that meets the same criteria and minimum circulation figure as would qualify or re-qualify you for TMAC media membership. Entries may be submitted in either English of French.
5. 2021 TMAC membership dues must be paid in full prior to Top 5 Finalists announcement! Reminders will be sent out.
6. As a TMAC media member in good standing, you receive three complimentary entries. Each additional entry will cost $20. You may provide up to 10 entries. Once the competition is closed, you will be invoiced for additional submissions (over 3).
7. Payment can be made online with a credit card, through an Interac e-transfer or by cheque. Payment must be made in full by prior to Top 5 Finalists Announcement! Reminders will be sent out.
8. For Written Word entries (EXCEPT FOR BLOGS), two (2) separate copies must be uploaded.
• One entry in Word or PDF format with all references to the author’s name and the publication in which it appeared removed to ensure anonymity with the judges; and;
• One entry showing proof of publication or post. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
BLOG ENTRIES DO NOT REQUIRE JUDGE'S COPY!
9. For Written Word + Visual Award, please upload multiple images up to a total of 5 (five) images using We Transfer (https://wetransfer.com/) and send notification to email@example.com. Please make sure that your photos are labelled properly.
10. All photograph entries must be submitted in high resolution format (Minimum size: 1MB). Please note that excessive use of Photoshop is not recommended.
11. By submitting, winners must agree to allow TMAC to use their entries for promotional purposes at no charge.
12. TMAC reserves the right to add or remove categories at any point during the Awards competition at its discretion. Any member who has submitted in those categories will be advised immediately and any charges for same reimbursed. All members will be notified.
13. The decisions of the award judges and award administrators are final.
14. The deadline for submitting your entries for the 2020 TMAC Awards is February 19, 2021.