You can access the Media Membership INSTRUCTIONS here. They will also be readily accessible throughout the application process.
Your application will be based on:
Your Editor application will be based on:
1) Two Letters of Reference (see below)
2) Prior Experience
2) Documentation that you are an Editor
4) Documentation that demonstrates you assign paid travel articles to communicators.
1. Two (2) letters of reference must be provided.
At least one reference must be from a current TMAC industry member with whom you have worked directly.
The other may be from:
2. You must have been active in the travel industry for the previous two years.
3. For Media Members, you must supply a minimum of five submissions. For books and guidebooks, you will need to supply one submission.
4. You may supply samples of work (words only; images only; both words and images; audio; or video) in any or all of the following Types that meet the minimum criteria: Magazine; Newspaper; Website; Book; Guidebook; Radio; TV; Blog; Vlog; and Podcast.
5. You will receive a maximum of 10 points for each submission. For books and guidebooks, you will receive a maximum of 50 points for each submission.
6. Sponsored content must be identified and will be allocated 25% of the total points.
7. Prospective members who only work within public social platforms (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) do not qualify.
8. All submissions must meet the minimum criteria. All submissions will be scored on up to three different criteria. This criteria changes (in some or all cases) by submission type.
Please refer to the full Co-Creator Media Membership Criteria HERE
This media membership category for travel media professionals who are not employed as individual Travel Media Professionals but rather as a team. Acknowledging that their work is undertaken as a ‘team’ or partners, they co-create and collaborate on their work and have difficulty meeting qualifying criteria individually – in fact it is difficult to separate their work as they create together. This has been particularly evident for those primarily working within digital platforms.
Limited to up to 2 people being named, one serving as the PRIMARY member retaining all TMAC Media Membership entitlements enjoyed by our media members, and the 2nd being named SECONDARY, with limited member entitlements. The secondary must be directly connected to the primary member in the employment as a Travel Media Professional.
The following conditions and criteria apply:
Please review the FAQs and the points table to ensure your submissions meet the minimum criteria.
All of this information will be accessible to you online once you start the process.