The Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) is seeking applications to secure a host destination for our Conference & Annual General Meeting for 2020 and beyond. The four-day conference (which usually takes place between March and June) traditionally begins on a Wednesday, with sessions and programming offered through to the closing awards and dinner on Saturday evening and departure on Sunday. Additionally, there are three-day media tours bookending pre- and post-conference activities
In recent years, TMAC’s average attendance is 190 members; approximately 45% are media and 55% are industry. By hosting TMAC’s Conference and AGM, your city has the opportunity to:
• Showcase your destination to Canada’s best and most active professional travel writers, broadcasters, editors, bloggers, online influencers, publishers and photographers.
• Receive extensive Canadian, U.S. and international editorial coverage — both short-term and long-term — in print, online media outlets, social media channels, created by leading travel journalists and online influencers.
• Develop your own one-on-one contacts with representing various earned media channels.
• Host the welcome reception, opening reception, dine-around evening event and the closing gala.
• Have first choice of TMAC sponsorship opportunities (TMAC will then source all other sponsors).
• See your destination highlighted on the TMAC website as well as on the conference registration site.
• Be referred to as the premier sponsor for the event, which comes with the privilege of being the exclusive host of major social functions at the conference.